Phonic Books for Teen Emergent Readers
- Stuctured specifically for teen emerging readers who are developing decoding skills
- Written at emergent and beginning reading levels
- Features controlled phonics skills at each of three levels, from CVC words through long vowels
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every book
- Mature, engaging content matched with full-color images
- Extensive teaching support for every book
- Covers a wide variety of genres, with fiction and nonfiction books at each level
Each level is comprised of eight 16-page books (six fiction and two nonfiction). Each book includes a word list, organized by phonics skills. Vocabulary-building words are highlighted in the text. A Teachers Guide supports each book with a lesson plan, vocabulary-building activities, guided reading questions, reproducible activities that focus on phonics skills and comprehension, and a quiz.
WHAT SKILLS WILL STUDENTS LEARN IN DECODE?
Single consonants (initial and ending); short vowels (a, e, i, o, u); CVC Words; plural s and inflection s
All of Level One skills PLUS soft and hard c and g; CVCC words ending in double consonants
All of Levels One and Two Skills PLUS open syllable long vowels (CV pattern) in single-syllable words; long vowels in CVCe words; beginning consonant blends; y used as a vowel and pronounced long e or i
Boxed Set Includes:
- 3 each of 24 titles (72 books)
- 152-page Teachers Guide with Lesson Plans, Reproducible Activities, and Book Quizzes.