CORE Literacy Library - Assessing Reading Multiple Measures - 2nd Edition
by Linda Diamond / B.J. Thorsnes, PhD, Editors
This 2008 revision provides a collection of tests for the comprehensive assessment of skills related to reading. These assessments can help you, as a teacher, identify why a student is having reading difficulty and determine what the next step in instruction should be to remediate that difficulty. The assessments are intended to assist the teacher in determining the instructional needs of all students and in monitoring progress throughout the course of instruction.
- Contains a collection of formal and informal reading assessments for grades K-12
- Uses short, quick and reliable tests, the results are immediate
- Each assessment measures an important research-based reading skill
- Assessments can be administered individually
- Easy-to-follow instructions are given for the administration and scoring of each test along with reproducible record forms
- Spanish assessments are included for the early grades, where the students may be in bilingual programs
- Profile Forms and Class Records found in the Appendix provide an easy way for teachers to summarize assessment results
The majority of the tests are individually administered. Some of the assessments are curriculum-based, while others are criteria-based, depending on the purpose of the assessment. Each assessment provides clear and accurate individual student information. Interpretation is based on skill mastery and comparison of performance among students in the classroom.MASI-R Oral Reading Fluency MeasuresCORE Reading Maze Comprehension Test
New to this edition
CORE Graded High-Frequency Word Survey
CORE Vocabulary Screening
The Consortium On Reading Excellence (CORE) works collaboratively with schools and districts to implement comprehensive, research-based literacy training programs. Call 1-888-249-6155 for information about CORE training.